The quiet, spiritual Agiofarago with its wild beauty is a great way to escape day to day life and relax at a secluded beach with sapphire blue waters and steep walls that will leave you in awe.
After getting acquainted with your guide and following a short briefing, you will head south, through the plain of Messara, to Agiofarago: the gorge of the Saints. We first reach Odigitria Monastery where we will make a short stop. One of the most important monasteries in Crete, built in the 14th century. After our visit to the monastery we start driving towards the beach of Agiofarago . At this point, the road changes into a dirt road, which leads us to the parking lot of Agiofarago and the entrance to it. From there on, we will continue on foot. We will follow the path crossing the gorge, which is scattered with imposing oleanders and olives. In about 30 minutes we will be on the beautiful beach and the Libyan Sea, where you could enjoy a swim and a small snack at the beach.
After everyone has relaxed and is ready to go, we will bord the car once more and head towards the hotel where the excursion will conclude.
|Price||Price includes||Price excludes||What to bring|
Minimum number of participants, 4 persons
|• Experienced, English speaking driver|
• Free transport from/to your hotel. (as long as you are within the predefined pick-up area)
• Free Wi-Fi
• Land Rover Discovery 3 – fuels
• Snack Pack (Juice box, energy bar, Fruit.)
• Two Bottles of water per person
|• Tickets to museums and archaeological sites|
• Private expenses (coffees, alcoholic drinks etc.)
• Specialized guides for museums and archaeological sites
• Anything that it is not mentioned at the “Price includes” list
|• Walking shoes or sandals|
• Sun Screen
• Hat – sun glasses
• Beach towel
Pickup from any hotel within the highlighted area